Attempting to get your youngsters to eat tofu? They’ll love this simple recipe!
Substances for Hoisin Sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, we used Braggs Gluten free soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon spicy sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon hoisin sauce (labeled for barbecue stir fry)
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- ¼ teaspoon dried garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon contemporary garlic, minced
- 1 pack (16 ounces) of pressed tofu* (pressed tofu has the water drained and could be very agency)*
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 oat flour
- 1/eight teaspoon cumin
- 1/eight teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/eight teaspoon paprika
- Oil for pan
- Have the youngsters select their favourite cookie cutter shapes.
- Collectively, slice the tofu block horizontally into 1 inch thick rectangles.
- Use the cookie cutters to chop out tofu shapes.
- Combine all substances collectively for the hoisin sauce. Save 1/three of hoisin sauce for dipping. Use remaining sauce to marinade the tofu for 10 minutes or as much as 1 hour within the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 375 levels F. Calmly coat a baking sheet with oil or use a silicone mat to stop sticking.
- In a big bowl, combine collectively, cornmeal, oat flour, cumin, garlic, and paprika.
- Take away tofu from the liquid, permitting extra liquid to empty, and pat into flour combination on either side, then place breaded tofu on a baking sheet. You too can bread the tofu scraps left over from the cookie cutters!
- Bake for eight minutes, flip and bake for five extra minutes or till golden brown.
*In the event you’re involved about genetically modified meals, you should purchase non-GMO or natural tofu.